The Best of Acorn: 7 Day Tour of England
Explore Your Favorite AcornTV Shows' Locations On This Unforgettable Tour!
- Port Isaac, as seen in Doc Martin
- Agatha Christie's Greenway Estate — "Poirot"
- Midsomer Murders in the Cotswolds and Oxfordshire
- Agatha Raisin's Biddestone, also in the Cotswolds
- Tour of Windsor Castle
- Tour of Highclere Castle - The renowned setting for Downton Abbey®
- An evening tour of the Roman Baths in Bath
- Boringdon Hall near Plymouth
- Interactive Falconry Demonstration
Included In Your Tour
- 13 superior meals
- 6 nights of deluxe accommodations divided between Windsor, Bath and Plymouth
- Superior motor coach transportation between tour destinations
- Guides, tours and admission fees at tour venue
Special Included Extras
- Curator/expert led tours at various times
- Wine included with all group dinners
- Snacks at various points throughout the tour
- Welcome goodie bag with various gifts & niceties
- Airfare to/from the United Kingdom
- Meals over and above the 13 included in the tour package
- Personal expenses
- Mixed drinks
- Insurance (this may be purchased via Transcendent for a fee)
Acorn TV is pleased to be partnering for the fourth consecutive year with Transcendent Travel to present “The Best of Acorn TV: A 7-Day Tour of England" for you, our loyal Acorn TV fans & subscribers. You'll have a chance to visit the beautiful and historical production locations for our most popular series—Doc Martin, Midsomer Murders, Agatha Christie's Poirot, Agatha Raisin and more!
In partnership with Transcendent: Experience Based Travel, Acorn TV will be hosting as we travel between Windsor, Bath, Cornwall, Sidmouth, The Cotswolds, Oxfordshire and Dorchester while making stops at Windsor Castle, Highclere Castle (Downton Abbey©), Port Isaac (Doc Martin), Biddestone (Agatha Raisin) and the Greenway Estate (Agatha Christie's home).
The Acorn TV and Transcendent team will be with you every step of the way to help make connections between our tour stops and the great British programs you've become fans of on Acorn TV. We'll have a couple of special “behind-the-scenes" moments planned, including a visit with a cast member(s) of some of your favorite Acorn programs.
In addition, guests will be staying at some sumptuous hotels, exploring lavish homes and gardens and enjoying fine dining along the way.
In our book, traveling is about creating a blend of unique experiences, paired with delicious meals and superior accommodations. In this tour you can be assured of all three – alongside our personal touches and attention to detail, which will ensure your enjoyment of the experience.
We do hope you'll join us for this remarkable tour of England in 2020!
Day 1 - Monday
- Arrivals to Windsor
Located near London’s Heathrow Airport
- Afternoon tour of the State Apartments at Windsor Castle
Windsor is the world’s longest inhabited castle and weekend home of the Royal Family
- Early evening “Welcome to Windsor Dinner”
- Lecture and meet-and-greet with Sophie Hannah, internationally best-selling author and Agatha Christie expert
- Overnight accommodations at the Castle Hotel, Windsor
This morning as you arrive to Windsor you will be greeted by your knowledgeable tour director for the week, Andrew Lannerd, who will get you settled into your lovely hotel – located directly across from Windsor Castle and right in the heart of all that lovely Windsor has to offer including quaint shops and cafes. This afternoon, guests will enjoy a tour around the magnificent State Apartments at Windsor Castle – one of the official residences of Queen Elizabeth II. Guests will marvel at the castle, which has been the home of the Royal Family and a fortress for over 1000 years.
From the beauty of St. George's Hall to the gold-encrusted ceiling of the Grand Reception Room – a visit to Windsor Castle is unforgettable.
Following your afternoon at Windsor Castle, you will enjoy an early evening “Welcome to Windsor” dinner as we toast an enjoyable week ahead going behind-the-scenes of many of your favorite Acorn TV programs. Overnight accommodations will be at Windsor's Castle Hotel.
Day 2 - Tuesday
- Delicious Breakfast at our Windsor hotel
- Tour of Highclere Castle The renowned setting for Downton Abbey©
- Travel to Bath One of England's picturesque cities
- Evening tour of the Roman Baths
- Free evening in Bath for exploration
- Overnight accommodations at Bath's top-rated No. 15 Great Pulteney Hotel
Today after a wonderful breakfast, we will travel in our luxury coach to Highclere Castle, the famous “character” you know so well from Downton Abbey©. Guests will enjoy the chance to take a photograph outside as well as a full look inside the castle at the rooms you know so well from this popular television series. Picture yourself in the library next to the fireplace, just like Lord & Lady Grantham, or perhaps in the Dining Room beneath the famous Van Dyck portrait of King Charles I.
After your tour inside Highclere, relax with a cup of tea in the tearoom—all the makings of a perfect day.
After a few hours at Highclere, we will continue onto Bath, one of the prettiest towns in England. Guests will have some free time in Bath to explore all the city has to offer, including the Roman Baths, Bath Abbey, as well as numerous quaint shops and restaurants—all within a short walking distance to our hotel.
You will end your day in the relaxation of the No. 15 Great Pulteney Hotel in the heart of historic Bath.
Day 3 - Wednesday
- Full English Breakfast at No. 15 Great Pulteney Hotel
- Morning at your leisure for further exploration of Bath
- Visit to Biddestone, a beautiful Cotswolds village
A filming site for the popular Acorn TV series Agatha Raisin
- Travel to Boringdon Hall near Plymouth
- Interactive falconry demonstration
Guests will have the opportunity to get up close and personal with magnificent birds of prey
- Superior 3-course group dinner at Boringdon Hall
Prepared by the top-rated culinary team at Boringdon, a site used in the filming of the series Delicious
- Overnight accommodations at Boringdon Hall, Plymouth
Today after another delicious breakfast, take a few moments of leisure time for shopping in Bath or perhaps a look in the Jane Austen Centre – located a short walk from our hotel. Then we're off to visit Biddestone, known as a shooting location for the Acorn TV series Agatha Raisin – the popular series is based on the Agatha Raisin series of crime & mystery books.
Later in the day, we are off to beautiful Devon and our wonderful home for the next two nights, Boringdon Hall. Boringdon is a luxurious Elizabethan manor hotel, steeped in history. Amid the glories of the past, you'll also find the modern-day comforts of this 5-star hotel with one of Britain's top-rated spa facilities. In addition, you'll enjoy two sumptuous dinners and two breakfasts at Boringdon – meals which will be long-remembered as they are expertly prepared by their top-rated culinary team.
Day 4 - Thursday
- Morning leisurely breakfast at Boringdon Hall
- Travel to Port Isaac
The gorgeous Cornwall fishing village, made famous by the Doc Martin series
- Expert-led tour of Port Isaac and behind-the-scenes look at the Doc Martin Series
- Afternoon tea in Port Isaac at the Old School House
Louisa's school in Doc Martin
- Travel back to Boringdon Hall
- Overnight accommodations at Boringdon Hall
Today is a day you will long remember. After your breakfast, we will journey to Cornwall and the picturesque fishing village of Port Isaac, known as Port Wenn in the series, Doc Martin. You'll quickly fall in love with the town as we take an in-depth, behind-the-scenes tour of the town focusing on the sites you know so well from the popular series.
For lunch, perhaps you'll enjoy some of the famous local seafood or even a Cornish Pasty. Perhaps your favorite cast member will pop-in to say hello! Then we're headed back to Boringdon Hall, with a little vino enroute – a day to remember!
Day 5 - Friday
- Breakfast at Boringdon Hall
- A visit to The Greenway Estate, the beloved home of Agatha Christie
- Afternoon visit to the seaside Town of Sidmouth
One of Britain's loveliest Victorian towns
- A delicious 3-course dinner at Tortworth Court
- Overnight accommodations at De Vere Tortworth Court
Today, we will journey to The Greenway Estate, the much-loved home and gardens of Agatha Christie. After our time at Greenway, we will journey to the beautiful seaside town of Sidmouth where guests can take full advantage of some seaside fun. Sidmouth is famous for great shopping as well as delicious ice cream.
After Sidmouth, we are off to our accommodations for the evening, De Vere Tortworth Court where we will enjoy another lovely group dinner amid the gorgeous surroundings of this top-rated country house hotel.
Day 6 - Saturday
- Full English Breakfast at De Vere Tortworth Court
- Visit to Burford, a beautiful village in the Cotswolds
- Visit Dorchester-on-Thames in beautiful Oxfordshire
The village is often called the "star" of Midsomer Murders
- Walking tour of Midsomer Murder sites in the village
- Delicious group lunch at the White Hart Hotel, and pint at the famous Six Bells Pub
- Travel to Windsor
- Farewell group dinner in a very special Windsor location
- Overnight accommodations at Castle Hotel, Windsor
If you are a fan of Midsomer Murders, today is the perfect day for you. After leaving Tortworth we will head thru the Cotswolds to the South Oxfordshire village of Dorchester-on-Thames, where so many episodes of Midsomer Murders have been filmed. In Dorchester-on-Thames, we will enjoy a walking tour of all of the Midsomer Murders sites.
Then we're off to Windsor where we will toast our week together in fine-style with a farewell dinner.
Day 7 - Sunday
- A delicious breakfast in Windsor
- Morning departures from Windsor
Today, we say goodbye after an unforgettable week together. Our hotel in Windsor is close to Heathrow—or perhaps you'll continue on to enjoy a few days in London?