To The Manor Born - A Milwaukee PBS Tour of England
- Curator/expert led tours at various times
- Wine included with all group dinners
- Snacks at various points throughout the tour
- Welcome goodie bag with various gifts/niceties
- 11 superior meals
- 6 nights of deluxe accommodations divided between Windsor, Bath, Plymouth, Tortworth and London.
- Superior motor coach transportation between tour destinations
- Guides, tours and admission fees at tour venues
- and much more!
- Airfare to/from the United Kingdom
- Meals over and above the 11 included in the tour package
- Personal expenses
- Mixed drinks
- Insurance (this may be purchased via Transcendent for a fee)
For the second year in a row, Milwaukee PBS is pleased to invite you on an exciting adventure designed for fans of PBS favorites like Poldark, Downton Abbey©, Wolf Hall and Doc Martin. Milwaukee PBS is partnering with Transcendent Travel to present “To The Manor Born,” a special tour of England for our most passionate viewers and supporters.
Walk with us through seaside villages... explore castles and ancient Roman baths... and go behind the scenes to explore the location of some of your favorite PBS programs, including Downton Abbey©, Doc Martin, Poldark, and Wolf Hall. You’ll “step inside the screen” as you enjoy the towns and brilliant manors from the great British programs you’ve come to love on Milwaukee PBS. A tour of Highclere Castle has been arranged for our group, giving you an unrivaled glimpse into the lives of our favorite Downton Abbey© characters!
In partnership with Transcendent: Experience Based Travel, Milwaukee PBS will be hosting you for seven magnificent days as we travel between London and Cornwall. You will have additional time for exploring, dining, and shopping on your own, but we’ll be there with you every step of the way as we make once-in-a-lifetime memories together.
Chief Development Officer
As a lover of PBS and the excellence of British programming, it is a great pleasure to present To The Manor Born, a tour designed to include many of the sights you know so well from public television and iconic British programs seen on Milwaukee PBS.
From the glories of Highclere Castle (as seen in Downton Abbey©), the beloved Devon estate of Agatha Christie, to the seaside village in Cornwall used in Doc Martin – this exclusive tour will be a memorable journey for each person involved.
The joy of leading tours in England is a great passion of mine. My own vast experiences in the United Kingdom have created a wealth of knowledge that I intend to share with you during this unforgettable tour. Each hotel, attraction, restaurant or experience has been carefully selected to ensure that our time together is memorable from start to finish. Not just memorable, but special and unique.
Apart from the enjoyment of the many sights relating to British programming, we will be staying at some wonderful hotels, including Boringdon Hall in Devon. In my book, traveling is about creating a blend of unique and memorable experiences, paired with delicious meals and superior accommodations. In this tour you can be assured of the combination of all three – alongside our personal touches, which will ensure your enjoyment of the entire experience.
I do hope you’ll join us for this memorable tour, where we will explore together–the very best of England!
Transcendent: Experience Based Travel
Monday, July 27th, 2020.
- Morning International Arrivals Into London
- Guests Make Their Way To Windsor
Windsor Is A Short Distance From London's Heathrow Airport
- Check-In To The Castle Hotel, Windsor
Located Directly Across From Windsor Castle
- Afternoon Tour Of Windsor Castle & St. George's Chapel
The World's Longest Inhabited Castle And Beloved Weekend Retreat Of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II;
St. George’s Chapel, The Location Of The 2018 Royal Wedding Of The Duke And Duchess Of Sussex.
- Early Evening Welcome To Windsor Group Dinner
- Overnight Accommodations At The Castle Hotel
This morning, guests will arrive into London and make their way to the lovely royal town of Windsor, just a short journey from London's Heathrow Airport.
Upon arrival to the hotel, your guides will meet you and get you settled into your luxurious room - just steps away from the glories of Windsor Castle. After getting settled, you'll enjoy a full tour of the magnificent State Apartments, the grounds of Windsor Castle and the beautiful St. George's Chapel.
Early in the evening, we will enjoy a Welcome to Windsor dinner, where we will toast the week ahead exploring the best of Britain.
Tuesday, July 28th, 2020.
- Full English Breakfast At Our Hotel In The Heart Of Windsor
- Visit To Highclere Castle, The Home Of Downton Abbey©
- Afternoon Arrival To Bath, One Of The Loveliest Cities In England
- Tour Of The Roman Baths
- Evening At Your Leisure To Explore Bath
- Overnight At The Top-Rated Abbey Hotel
After a luxurious breakfast in Windsor, we will head to Highclere Castle (aka Downton Abbey©) for a tour of the house and gardens. This is your opportunity to see the beautiful rooms you know so well from the classic series.
In the afternoon, we’ll head to beautiful Bath where you will enjoy a tour of the ancient Roman Baths as well as an optional service in the splendor of Bath Abbey. Then have the evening free to explore this glorious city. You’ll end the day in the luxury of the Abbey Hotel - just steps away from the beautiful city centre.
Wednesday, July 29th, 2020.
- Full English Breakfast At The Abbey Hotel In Bath
- Morning At Your Leisure To Explore Beautiful Bath
- Lunch At Your Leisure In Bath
- Afternoon Tea At Cricket St. Thomas
Famously Known As The Home In The Series To The Manor Born
- Journey To Devon And Our Beautiful 5-Star Hotel, Boringdon Hall
- History Tour At Boringdon Hall
- A Candlelit Gourmet Dinner At Boringdon Hall
- Overnight Accommodations In The Luxurious Boringdon Hall
This morning, after a leisurely full breakfast at our hotel, guests will have the entire morning to explore the magnificence of Bath including the Roman Baths, sites relating to Jane Austen, or take some time for shopping and lunch. In the afternoon, we’ll make a stop at Cricket St. Thomas, the setting of the highly-acclaimed series, To The Manor Born.
After a delicious afternoon tea at Cricket St. Thomas, we will head to Devon and to our 5-star home of the next two nights, Boringdon Hall - one of England’s top-rated hotel and spas. During our stay at Boringdon you will luxuriate in the surroundings of this Elizabethan manor, including tonight’s memorable meal prepared by Boringdon Hall’s exceptional culinary team.
Thursday, July 30th, 2020.
- Full English Breakfast At Boringdon Hall
- Day Tour To Port Isaac
The Seaside Village Where Doc Martin Is Filmed
- Expert-Led Walking Tour Of Port Isaac
Going Behind-The-Scenes Of Many Sites Seen In Doc Martin
- Afternoon Tea And Cakes In The Old Schoolhouse
Frequently Used In The Filming Of Doc Martin
- Interactive Falconry Experience At Boringdon Hall
- Evening And Overnight Accommodations At Boringdon Hall
Today, we will explore the gorgeous counties of Devon & Cornwall, renowned for their natural appeal and famous seaside vistas. The majority of our day will be spent in the iconic fishing village of Port Isaac, the background of Doc Martin. You will have a few hours to explore this lovely village, as well as enjoy a memorable afternoon tea.
The afternoon will involve more scenic exploration and stops in the area. We will finish the day back at Boringdon Hall where we will enjoy an interactive falconry experience and another memorable group dinner.
Friday, July 31st, 2020.
- Full English Breakfast At Boringdon Hall
- Tour Of The Greenway Estate
The Holiday Home And Gardens Of Agatha Christie
- Lunch At Your Leisure At The Greenway Estate
- Afternoon Exploration Of Sidmouth
A Gorgeous Seaside Victorian Town Reminiscent Of Masterpiece: Victoria
- Travel To Tortworth
- Elegant Group Evening Dinner
- Overnight Accommodations At De Vere Tortworth Court
Today, we will explore the Greenway Estate, the beloved home and gardens of the world famous novelist Agatha Christie. Her estate is renowned for both its personal, lived-in feel and the simplicity. You’ll quickly discover why she enjoyed using this as her holiday home and the place where she loved to write those novels that we’ve come to love.
This afternoon, we’ll head to the quaint and picturesque town of Sidmouth on the Devon coast, where you will have some time to shop or walk on the beautiful beach. Tonight, we will dine in style in the beauty of our hotel, De Vere Tortworth Court.
Saturday, August 1st, 2020.
- A Delicious Full Breakfast At De Vere Tortworth Court
- Lunch And The Afternoon To Explore Hampton Court Palace
Reminiscent Of Exceptional Milwaukee PBS Programming Such As Wolf Hall
- Journey Into Central London
- Evening Farewell Group Dinner In London’s Covent Garden
- Overnight Accommodations At The Amba Hotel, Charing Cross
- The Tour Officially Ends The Next Morning
Today, we will spend a bulk of the day exploring the magnificence of Hampton Court Palace, built in 1515 for Cardinal Thomas Wolsey, once a favorite of King Henry VIII. In 1529, as Wolsey fell from favor, the King seized the palace for himself and later enlarged it.
Guests will be able to tour the Tudor palace used by King Henry VIII, the glorious state apartments later added by William III and Mary II, and the many acres of formal gardens.
After our time at Hampton Court Palace, we will head into Central London (passing some of London’s iconic sites along the way) to the Amba Hotel, Charing Cross. Tonight we will dine in-style at our farewell dinner in London, where we will toast the great week we just had.
Sunday, August 2nd, 2020.
- Final Breakfast At The Amba Hotel, Charing Cross, London
Tour ends today after breakfast. Guests make their own way to their onward destination.